Billy Lee Corwin
STYLE OF MUSIC
Gulf Coast: a gumbo of Cajun/Zydeco/Mardi Gras
Five to Seven Band Members: Accordion, fiddle, scrub board, bass, guitar, drums--trombone and clarinet/sax optional
Tight three-part vocal harmonies & original songs
Raised in the Cajun Triangle
Plays traditional Cajun and Zydeco music
Sings in Cajun French
Band plays mostly original songs
Coordinates dance instruction for the
Bon Temps Social Club in Balboa Park
Writer/Performer of the theme song for Six Flags America’s “Mardi Gras Theme Park” — April, 2014
This song is being played on a loop repeated throughout the park, used in their play, and featured in their parade twice daily with 20 dancers choreographed to the words!
”One of the top three shows of the last two years"
California Center for the Arts, Escondido, CA
“The best band that has EVER played here"
Owner, Chateau O'rleans, Pacific Beach, CA
- Glastonbury Festival , U.K.
- Americana Festival International, U.K.
- CA Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Gator-by-the-Bay Festival
- Simi Valley Crawfish Festival
- Long Beach Zydeco/Cajun/Blues Festival
- Scripps Birch Aquarium
- December Nights in Balboa Park
- San Diego Chargers Game-- Qualcomm Stadium
- Hot Blues Engines Festival
- Bird Park Summer Concert
- Trolley Barn Park Summer Concert
- Warner Springs Resorts
- Sycuan Casino
- Paradise Casino
- Adams Avenue Festival
- Roots Festival
- Mardi Gras Gaslamp
- Gas Lamp Quarter